Lawmaker Threatens To Sue Air Peace Over Irregularities

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

The lawmaker representing Musawa/Matazu Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, Hon. Abdullahi Ahmed, has threatened to take legal action against the management of Air Peace Limited over irregularities.
Ahmed who doubled as the Chairman House Committee on Interior, made the position on Sunday while saying that the Nigerian airline changed his flight from business class to economy class even after paying N12 million from Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia.
According to him, he boarded flight P4752 alongside his family to King Abdulaziz International Airport, Jeddah for Lesser Hajj.
He noted that the flight was supposed to depart Kano Airport on 27 March 2024, but it was delayed till the following day.
The lawmaker expressed displeasure at the alarming cases of incessant delays, flight disruptions, and schedule changes without adequate notice to passengers by the management of Air Peace Limited.
Discribing the record of flight disruptions, poor customer experience and poor handling of passengers by Air Peace as inhuman, unacceptable, the lawmaker said these must be tackled immediately.
He reaffirmed that the legal action was imperative because of what happened between him and Air Peace as one of the numerous abnormalities customers are forced to suffer in the Nigerian aviation sector.
He vowed to work with his colleagues in the National Assembly to ensure that the airline, and other errant others are sanctioned appropriately without fear or favour, noting that it is no longer business as usual.
“I paid about N12 million for a Business Class ticket on 22 March 2024 and we were supposed to depart Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport on March 27th to Jeddah for Lesser Hajj. But the Air Peace operator changed the ticket to Economy Class without compensation.
“Unfortunately, they delayed our flight till the next day. This is a clear case of a breach of contract by Air Peace. They should pay back the money otherwise I will be left with no option but to approach the court for a redress”, he said.


About Author

Comments are closed.