Gen Alkali’s Body Was Butchered After He Was Killed – Witness

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Major General Umaru Ibrahim Muhammed (retd) who was assigned by the Nigerian Army to conduct search and rescue operation after General Idris Alkali was declared missing in 2018, has narrated how the latter was killed at Dura-Du village, Jos South Local Government of Plateau State.
Gen. Muhammed, who narrated his discoveries when he appeared before a Plateau State High Court in Jos as principal witness, said the late general was gruesomely murdered and his body dismembered before he was buried in a shallow grave by the killers.
The star witness said, “Late Gen. Alkali left Abuja for Bauchi en route to Jos in 2018. While on transit, he made the last call around Dura-Du village in Jos South. And from that moment his phone went off. He never got to Bauchi and he could not be accessed on phone. Three days after, his family has to declare him missing on 3rd of September 2018.
“I was the garrison commander with the 3 Division of the Nigerian Army, and I was tasked to conduct a search and rescue operation. My task was to do three things; to find Gen. Alkali dead or alive, to find his vehicle, a black Toyota Corolla with MUN 679 AA and to find whoever is responsible for his sudden disappearance.
“I was given one Major General and 30 soldiers to carry out the task. We search all the hospitals and police stations without result. We went to MTN for search and discovered that his phone was switched off in Dura-Du village. That was how we centred our search operations in that village.
“In the village, we searched about 32 mining ponds, but information available to us made us to concentrate on the particular one. But the youths of the village mobilised about 500 women to protest against us searching the pond. But in spite of those initial resistance from the locals we continued with our assigned task.
“We had to go to Taraba State to get Fire service trucks and some divers from Bauchi and after intensive labour for two weeks, we succeeded in evacuating water from the pond and on the 29th of September discovered Gen, Alkali’s Toyota Corolla from the pond. Inside the vehicle we saw his uniform, shirt, shoe, cap with his name on them.
“We continued our search in the pond, on the 1st of October, we saw a bus in the pond whose driver was declared missing seven years earlier. We also saw a Rover car, red colour, the owner resides in Bisichi, he was declared missing in the same village. Inside that pond were a tipper lorry, tricycles, motorcycles etc.
“Having discovered his vehicle, the next is to find his body. We intensified in our intelligence, and got one of the suspects who led us to the shallow grave where the remains of Gens Alkali were initially buried by the killers.
“The suspects confessed that after killing Gen. Alkali, his body was dragged round the village before taking him to a location called “No man’s land” and buried in a shallow grave.
“We went to Abuja to bring our sniffer dog; we cultured the dog with his shirt for three days. Then we took the dog to “No man’s land”. We discovered they had already moved the body from that grave.
“Further search made us to understand that the killers got the service of a mortician who evacuated the body and packaged it in two bags. We got the mortician, he led us to one Mr Stephen, and Mr Stephen eventually led us to another village called Buchwet which is 10km away from Dura-Du. That was where the remains of Gen Alkali was dumped, we recovered the body on the 30th October 2018.
“To be sure the body we recover was that of Gen Alkali, we contracted a renowned pathologist to carryout thorough examination on the remains. The pathologists rearranged the entire body to show us how he was killed.
“Study shows that the killers sliced the skull into two, and pieced all parts of his body. That showed us he was gruesomely murdered by the suspects.
“The pathologist further requested for Gen. Alkali ex-ray from the wife, and it marched what we recovered. He also went to the shallow grave where Gen Alkali was first buried to fetch the sand from the grave to also confirm the person buried there was Gen. Alkali.”
The second witness, Major Arashinga Bulus, a serving officer of the Nigerian Army in Abuja also narrated his role in the search and rescue team and confirmed the 21 suspects as those arrested in connection to the killing of Gen. Alkali.
After taking two witnesses, the court adjourned the case to November 6 to take additional witnesses.


About Author

Comments are closed.