3 Victims Of Lagos Gas Explosion Die In Hospital

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Cooking gas explosion, which occurred last week at No. 1, Odubanwo Street, off Olaniyi Street, Gbinrinmi in Ojokoro LCDA, Lagos, has claimed the lives of three out of the five victims.
The victims, who were rushed to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) in Ikeja, died on Monday from a very high degree of burns sustained from the explosion.
LEADERSHIP reports that a cooking gas cylinder had exploded and trapped a four-year-old girl, mother, grand-father, grand-mother and her uncle in their apartment on Sunday.
The incident, it was gathered, occured after the oil the grandmother was using to fry meat suddenly caught fire and efforts to control it got beyond their control, which led to explosion of the cooking gas cylinder.
Four-year-old Faridat Shittu was sleeping in the room when the incident happened. Also, the whole building of 14 rooms, including shops, completely went down in rubbles due to the intensity of the explosion, thereby rendering over 11 families homeless.
However, a resident, Rahman Olaleye, disclosed to LEADERSHIP that the grandmother, the little girl and her mother died on Monday, due to the severity of the burns sustained during the incident.
According to him, the remains of the victims have been deposited at the LASUTH mortuary.
“Three of the five victims are currently dead. They died on Monday but the grandfather and Faridat’s uncle are responding to treatment. It’s pathetic, we hope government can come to the aid of the two living members of the family,” Olaleye disclosed.



About Author

Comments are closed.